Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a glance at them. Thus, you can pick what you want, based on whether you desire to own a web portal, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between independent hosts of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web page hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a large quantity of pictures with friends or associates since the service is usually free. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to administering your mail addresses. Some firms offer website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you wish to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to utilize as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a website. To some degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At iApps Guatemala, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for specific web content only.